It's been awhile, I know. Who knew that having children was so emotional? Well, I didn't. I figured that you have kids and viola! Life is great. Life is great. I love it. The last week was filled with 5 trips to the park, about 200 diaper changes, nursing, pumping, buying supplies for pumping and bottle feeding, lactation consultants, the IRS, toddler tantrums, lots of wine drinking, trouble shooting a tree companies problems, catching up on phone calls (Still not done), Reading my YOGA book, Thank you cards (Still in progress), a few tears, lots of laughter and many revelations.
Mantra of the week (Maybe month, we'll see):
"Live life AS it is Happening"
In other words, BE PRESENT. and that is what I have been doing. It really helps. Honestly, try it. Life just seems a little bit more manageable when you don't think of consequences, the future or the past. For example, I finally gave up and decided to give my little Sandro a bottle so I don't have to miss any moments with either child. Now i have plenty of milk and he is content w/ every nursing. It could go south tomorrow, but I am prepared and I am just living for the moment. Genius, right? No.
It has been less than easy getting out of the house with two kids but I am planning on mastering the art. My body is getting smaller and the sun is shining a little brighter. My smile is getting wider and my family is looking more like dessert than a diet. A few magic moments from our week:
November HEAT WAVE and a fudgsicle.
Liberty Station
My baby
Daddy & His Boy!
Mommy & Her Boy!
One minute I see this
The next i see this! Hee hee
So, life screams at you from every angle and then one day you stop to hear the silence and VIOLA! you relax, sit back and drink it all in. I am not guaranteeing that i will stay normal from now on, but for today....yep- I feel normal. As normal as i want to get anyway.
I have had an enormous amount of help and friendship from so many people and I am still processing all the strength they have given me. I would write a list but my blog cannot hold all the people I appreciate and want to thank endlessly. So, I am closing with this:
Live Life as it is happening!








Beautifully written! I love you mama and your boys!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete