Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

So, just an hour before take off I had a mini nervous breakdown and wasn't going to go to the annual H. Party at Auntie Betsy's.  But, Jose gave me a lecture that hit home and gosh darn-it i wasn't going to miss My Diego's third Halloween and my Sandro's first!  I dressed as a frazzled nursing mother, Jose was a tree trimmer (I know, original, huh?) and Diego was Bob the Builder, AKA:  ( Schneider, the lecherous, nosey building super)
and Sandro was a cute almost 4 weeks older.  It was just perfect.  When we got there my supposed famous mac and cheese was gobbled down while the kids worshiped Uncle Jeff's magic show.  I slurped down 3 glasses (YES THREE) of champagne to take the edge off and decided, excuse the Italian, "Fuck it, I need to relax and enjoy life before Sandro's first three months disappear as did Diego's.  I need to live life instead of letting life LIVE me".
There we were, our little family doing it right.  We had fun, D trick or treated, Sandro nursed mommy's milk and we ate like kings.  Finally we were all ready to go home and pray the sugar rush wouldn't ruin our whole night.  It didn't!
I haven't figured out how to take a lot of photos w/ the carrier on yet- so bear with me.  Family shots from others to come soon!
Schneider, the lecherous, nosy building super,
 The Fam 2010
The Fam 2009
The Fam 2008
Memories!
Uncle Nik and Uncle Matt
Sherron & Auntie Pepsi!
 Sugar Bliss! 





It was a good night and I am proud of myself for pushing away the garbage and making room for Candy.  Life as we know it passes by and if we take too much time to think about blinking it just disappears.  I know, take my own advise, right.  Well, sister; that is exactly what I plan on doing.  Lets just call this Halloween my new New Year's. 
So what if my kids stay up past bedtime and eat a boat load of candy, so what if my new baby has to have a bottle here and there.  So, what if I am still to large to wear my favorite jeans (well, that one might be an exception!  My body is screaming for them comfy, curl on the couch or go to the park in jeans).  Anyway- I digress.  As Kelle Hampton Said "Go get dirty"!  I JUST MIGHT!

Here's to the Holidays up and coming Ladies!  Lets have fun!

2 comments:

  1. The perfect post. I agree. Go live it up Mama. Two babies in tow... it's the best kind of "messy-living". Nothing better in life than that.
    xo
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love u! You are a wonderful, strong and BEAUTIFUL mama! You never cease to amaze me with your strength.

    ReplyDelete