Monday, May 2, 2011

scratch the chores

we just lived it up with backyard shenanigans, made banana, PB muffins using the fruit from our trees and laughed at our little adventurous Sandro!  By the way he started officially crawling today!  Yeah!
By the way- I changed the title of the blog because it is who I am.  I know the blog can be slightly bi-polar at times but I think the name suits us for now.  Stiggy was my childhood nickname.  Should I pass it on to Sandro??
In an effort to have a more vegetarian diet I made black beans today after soaking them for awhile and then turned it into soup and used some extra for a black bean salad that is simple yet devine.  Perfect for potlucks. (stolen gracefully from JJ)

Black beans (canned if you don't cook beans)
tomatoes
avocado
red onion
frozen corn
olive oil
salt
lemon juice
**dice all ingredient and mix.  Perfect summer salad and filling because of the black beans which by the way Black beans are low fat, high fiber and high protein. Excellent complement to dinner or even a hearty lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment