Tuesday, May 31, 2011

37

I have nothing amazing to say in this post.  Life has settled a little after the last two birthdays we celebrated.  I always like to get my birthday in particular over.  Diego's was fine.  It was a little crazy and he cried most of the time but I am just banking on him growing out of that.  also thinking about when i will get it.  You know..."it". that's all.

So, in 2003 I was accepted to the Peace Corps (Costa Rica Baby) and I turned it down last minute.  Okay, so you are saying to yourself WTF, right?  Well, this is what happened instead:

Okay, so you are stilling saying WTF, right?  This happened too:

so my opinion is: nothing gets better than this.  The diapers, tantrums (12 a day), the dirty dishes, dirty clothes, baby puke and shit occasionally landing on your body somewhere, strange smelling sticky stuff under the sheets, cat barf, filthy husband socks, lots of bills, no sleep, bags under the yes, no money, screaming unruly toddler and combed hair, no deodorant wearing days, bloody noses, scratched knees, garbage over flowing and absolute chaos..............yeah, that shit sucks.  But when they look at me in the eyes I see a face that says "you are my Mommy/wife and you take care of me. I am safe"  That's when all the B.S. and the missed opportunities disappear into thin air.  I know for sure that I am loved!  and that people is a good reason to get up, shut up and love your life!

I had a good birthday







No comments:

Post a Comment