yesterday I took Sandro to the doctor just to make sure he didn't have anything else going on other than a cold & fever. I saw a different doctor than his normal doctor. (As a side note I have been trying to get this doctor for my kids for 2 years. But he is full). Anyway- the first thing he asks me is if "His doctor has talked to me about his head." Not that I could think of I replied. To make a long story short we are racing back to the doctor on Monday and then off to a specialist because it may be that Sandro has Muscular torticollis.
Okay, so what is that??? . Muscular torticollis is a condition in which a child's head is tilted to one side and turned towards the opposite side. Therefore, the child favors one side of their head and that side can become flat. Tight muscles on one side of the neck and weak muscles on the other side of the neck is the cause of torticollis. Torticollis must be handled before plagiocephaly can be handled. Physical therapy will help a child with torticollis.
I have a friend here whose baby has tortecollis. The therapy is working well for him! I have to take Mason to PT this week too. Not sure if it is anything, but he tends to turn his head to one side and then puts his arm back behind his back. Hopefully we can get these babes straightened out! xo
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Wow, glad the other doc caught that...!
ReplyDeleteI have a friend here whose baby has tortecollis. The therapy is working well for him! I have to take Mason to PT this week too. Not sure if it is anything, but he tends to turn his head to one side and then puts his arm back behind his back. Hopefully we can get these babes straightened out! xo
ReplyDelete