Monday, October 11, 2010

The Birth Story

On Tuesday October 5th 2010 (Baby's due date) Diego and I went to the zoo and walked for hours.  I was having contractions the whole time.  We made it home and by 2 pm I was having a lot of painful contractions.  We called grandma and asked her to come over.  By 6 pm Jose, Leigh (our Doula) and I decided to go ahead to the hospital.  When we arrived i was 3 cm.  I was a little concerned because the contractions were already hurting me quite a bit.  After 3 more hours of contractions I was checked again and sadly I had only progressed to 4 cm. Ughh- and honestly I realized that I can run marathons but contractions were NOT on my resume.  GIVE ME DRUGS NOW!  so, I got the epidural. I was surprised that I couldn't handle it. I am sure that if there were no drugs to be offered I would have been fine.  I am not beating myself up for it.  I felt better but I didn't like being attached to all the stuff.  Unfortunately, this didn't last long because the Doctor discovered that his cord was around his shoulder and he was positioned badly.  She said we could wait and see what happens.  Jose and I looked at each other and said "No, just get him out." 
The c-section was complete at 1:31 a.m and we heard Sandro Brett cry loudly.  It was amazing.  I felt great and he was placed on my chest where he latched to my breast right away. BLISS!  That made everything okay!

Sandro Brett Bedoya
7.0, 20 inches

There are so many photos I want to share so I will pick a few for now and keep posting.



I honestly cannot believe how amazing it is to have my boys!  PERFECTION!

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful to see your baby hold your new baby! So excited to see you guys!!! BESOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with your family. You are amazing Mama, and don't you forget it. Those boys are so so lucky!
    xoxo
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete